Tampa, florida Professional
Tampa, florida Professional
Tampa Snake Control
Snake Removal in Tampa, FL
Snake control should only be attempted by people who understand these unique animals and the dangers they present. At C&W Removal Services, our technicians have the tools and training necessary to handle all varieties, from the common garden snake to the venomous cottonmouth.
The Dangers of Venomous Snakes
Snake venom is a venomous, yellow fluid that is stored in the salivary glands of venomous snakes. Hundreds of snake species rely on their venom to immobilize their prey. It is delivered through their fangs into the tissue or bloodstream of the snake bite victim. Even after a snake has been killed, the venomous venom can still be delivered through a bite reflex which lingers for a short period of time after death. There are several characteristics which distinguish venomous snakes from their non-venomous counterparts. The most obvious is the triangular-shaped head of all venomous vipers and the pit organs between their eyes and nostrils. These contain infrared-sensors that allow them to sense their prey from up to a meter away. Most venomous species also have elliptical-shaped eyes, instead of the round pupils found in other snakes. Some venomous species include:
- Pit Viper
- Black Mamba
Where Do Snakes Thrive?
Snakes can thrive in a wide range of climates, making them one of the top five animals we are called in to remove. We understand that seeing a snake on your property can be terrifying. Here are some important things to remember that will discourage snakes from taking up residence on your property.
- Snakes like to live in dark, damp areas with plenty of cover. To discourage snakes from taking up residence on your property, get rid of junk that might be lying around and keep wood piles dry.
- Don’t allow your lawn to go un-mowed. Tall grass is a favorite place for snakes to hang out.
- Keep shrubbery neatly trimmed and away from the ground. Eliminating shady, overgrown bushes and plants will eliminate favorite hiding places for snakes.
- Unkempt basements and attics are another place these slithering animals like to reside. Keeping junk cleaned up both inside and out is a major deterrent to snakes.
- Snakes prefer to live near places with plenty of food. If you have rodent or insect infestations on your property, you are more likely to have snakes hanging around, too.
Tampa Professional Snake Control
Not only does C&W Removal Services remove all venomous and non-venomous snakes from your property, our snake removal and exclusion service includes:
- A full inspection of your yard and landscaping
- Checking pool and surrounding area
- Looking in, under, and around all porches, patios, sheds, and outbuildings
- Inspecting lower, exterior portion of the house
- Searching crawl spaces, vents, weep holes, and window wells
- Identifying all possible snake entry points
- Sealing your home against further re-entry
- Identifying habitat and food sources on your property that may draw snakes to it
- Removing all snakes that are found
- Spraying organic and highly effective commercial grade snake repellent
Don't Try This at Home: Snake Trapping in Tampa
You may be interested to know that the majority of snake bite victims are not unsuspecting hikers, but rather, they are untrained people who are trying to trap or kill snakes to remove them from their property. Most people don’t have the knowledge or training to accurately identify the species of a snake based on its characteristics. And many states have laws protecting venomous snakes from harm. That’s why we suggest leaving the trapping and removal of snakes from your property to the experts at C&W Removal Services. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help with all of your wildlife removal needs.