Tampa, Florida Professional
Tampa, Florida Professional
Tampa Skunk Control
Skunk Removal in Tampa, FL
Skunks are commonly found in areas all across the continental United States. They are about the size of a domestic cat, and are known for their distinct black and white stripes and the acrid, pungent odor of their musk. The chemical that make up the odor acts as an irritant to many senses and can even lead to temporary blindness. If humans are to take their cues from nature, keeping your distance from a skunk is a good idea!
Skunks generally avoid humans, and humans generally avoid skunks. That is probably because most human/skunk interactions end negatively. Some interesting things to know about skunks are:
- Skunks are nocturnal animals who prefer to burrow in hollow logs, piles of brush, or habitats that have been abandoned by other animals.
- Some species of skunks may appear to have black and white spots, rather than stripes.
- Skunks have short, stout legs and five-toed feet that are used for digging holes. They are known for causing significant damage to lawns, gardens and golf courses.
- Skunks are omnivores that feed on insects, earthworms, small rodents, frogs, berries, and fruit. Once near human habitation, that will expand their diet to include garbage, unattended pet food, and garden plants.
- Skunks carry various diseases that are harmful to both humans and domesticated animals, such as distemper and rabies. They may also host disease-causing parasites such as fleas, mites, ticks, and tapeworms.
- A skunk can shoot their musk up to 20 feet away. Keep your distance!
How Our Skunk Control Service Can Protect Your Family
Skunks are the second most common carrier of rabies. Because of this, a skunk infestation may become a risk to you and your family. To reduce the chances of skunks inhabiting your property, modify your home and yard in the following ways:
- Secure trash cans
- Remove pet food from outdoor areas, especially overnight
- Carefully monitor the moisture around your home, since skunks eat insects that thrive in moist settings.
- Block areas where skunks could easily build a den, such as under porches or behind sheds.
If a skunk gets inside, they can cause significant structural damage, as well as damage to your insulation and ventilation. Call C&W Removal Services immediately for help to remove the animal from your home.
Humane Skunk Trapping in Tampa
Dealing with a skunk problem is an unpleasant task for most people. It takes a professional with years of experience to limit the amount of damage these animals can do during the process of trapping and relocating. C&W Removal Services has that experience and is proud to be among the best in our industry, using only the safest and most effective methods in skunk control. Although encounters with skunks happen on a fairly regular basis, they should never be handled without the help of a professional.
Tampa: Complete Skunk Control
At C&W Removal Services in Tampa, we’ve been controlling skunks in the most effective way possible for more than 25 years. Along with trapping and relocation, we offer complete damage repair services, as well. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with all of your wildlife removal issues. As professionals and experts in skunk control, we possess the knowledge, tools, and training to resolve your skunk problems humanely and effectively.